To receive our newsletter please enter your email address below
OK! Any girl whether married, single or on the verge of getting married will surely relate to this subject. Life after marriage not only counts for maintaining a strong relationship with husband but the in-laws also; especially the mother-in-laws. The moment one hears of the word mother-in-law, there is a certain feeling of anxiety that circles around.
If you also feel the same, don't think you are the only one in the run. Mostly women encounter the same situations when dealing or thinking of their prospective in-laws. However, if dealt with care and love, this can turn to be one your most precious relations. Here check out some wonderful tips that will help you win your mother-in-law's love. So all daughter-in-laws and the ones waiting to be, note down these handy tips:
1. Accept the relation wholeheartedly: You can never make a relation better until and unless you accept it wholeheartedly. Same goes with your in-laws too. Now that you are in a new family, treat everyone as your family member. Look up to your mother-in-law the way you do with your own mother. Give her the due importance and respect. You can ask for her choice when you have to select a dress to be worn for a party or any social gathering. Discussing the menu for the day, any change you want to made in the interiors etc. will make her feel that her opinion matters to you. If you value her advice, she will surely love it.2. Never be biased: There is no doubt that you will always have a special place for your mother. But never let this fondness turn you biased between the two. If you buy gifts for your mother on her birthday or Mother's day, do the same for your mother-in-law as well after all she is the one in place of your mother at your new home. Give her gifts and spend quality time with her as you do with your mother. This act will surely help you make a special place in her heart.
4. Never compare: Every family is different and has its own principles and ways of behavior. You will never be able to win their hearts until you stop comparing them to your family. Never say things like 'My family never does like this' or 'At our place we don't behave in this manner' and so on. The more you compare, the more will you get distant from your in-laws.
5. Be adaptable: This is one quality that can save you under all circumstances. As human beings, we can't expect everyone to be on the same page. Differences and changes are bound to happen and if you are able to adapt with them, life will be an easy road to travel. This doesn't mean you have to change completely. It's just about adjusting to some of the good changes and if you don't feel good about anything, discuss it out with your mother-in-law in a polite way. You will surely bag her support.
6. Let her enjoy with your kids: Your kids are her grandchildren and she has all the right on them. Kids too love the company of grandparents. They get to hear stories from them and also have great time playing around the house or in the parks with their dada or dadi around. Allow her to pamper the kids and spoil them a bit. When you do so, you get benefited in two ways. Firstly the kids get to learn good values and morals and secondly, you succeed in strengthening your place in her heart forever.
7. Avoid arguing: At times it can happen that you and your mother-in-will will have a difference in opinion. This can be because of the generation gap or the different ideologies you too have as no person in the world is same. Understand this fact and prevent from entering into any argument. You can always put your point but if you feel too much discussion can end up in an argument, opt to stay calm. There is no harm in letting our elders win at times.
8. Spend time together, go shopping: There is nothing in the world that can't be talked out. It's just that one has to devote the needed time and perseverance. If you want to have a good bonding with your mother-in-law, spend some time with her as it will you in understanding each other. You can even go for shopping with her, every woman in the world loves it and so does she. Buy her a new saree or anything she desires for. Seek her advice while selecting a dress for yourself and also complement her choice.