forum/yaf_postsm10279findlastpost_decreased-liquor-column-at-19th-weeks-of-pregnant & url is : & ref url is :
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login/Register.

Amniotic fluid is the fluid that supports fetus during pregnancy. It is produced after 15 days of conception and helps in movement of the baby inside the womb. In first few weeks mother produces the essential fluid in the form of water. During first trimester amniotic fluid contains some essential components also like fats, carbohydrates and proteins. A baby drinks this essential fluid around for 12 weeks of pregnancy. During increasing pregnancy amniotic fluid level also increases but it starts decreasing slightly during delievery.

Read More
Add a Question Post Reply
umasenthil Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:07:45 PM(UTC)

i'm 19th week pregnant at now.when i go with US my doctor told liquor is seen to be decreased with single liquor column of 2cm and fetus is in transverse lie.wt can i do now for cure it?will it affect my pregnant?it's my first child i'm so scared of this.pls help me.
riddhi vyas Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:27:05 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

There are many different reasons for low amniotic fluid:

Pregnancy issues
Genetic birth defects
liking fluid
placental issues
Extended pregnancy

First you need to find out reason behind low amniotic fluid in your case.

You can try to increase the fluid level by, drinking more water up to 8 litter per day if possible.

There are some medical support also available these days to increase the fluid level, but it depends on your medical requirement.

So follow your doctor's advise and do take medicines accordingly.

As far as fetus in transverse lie is concern, no need to worry, as it is absolutely normal up to 26 weeks of pregnancy, it is nothing but the position of baby in the womb.

As of now all you can do is.

Drink water
Avoid heavy work loads
Take proper rest
Sleep well
And under any situation do not take stress

Stress is the reason of many health issues during pregnancy so try to keep your self happy.

Read books
Listen music
Go on small walk with your partner
And take care

You can also find some more interesting things to do during pregnancy from:

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply