To receive our newsletter please enter your email address below
The time has arrived when the baby is with you, cuddled in your arms. The pleasure of having that loved one must have been your wish, 9 months from now. Here are certain things which shall make you feel wonderful as well as proud about being a parent.
1. The feel of the very first curl by your new born around your finger makes you feel like never before.
2. Seeing your baby asleep and you wonder how its future will be like.
3. The yelling stops, when you wrap him in a sheet and put him closer to your heart. This surely makes you feel heavenly.
4. Being the most exhausted and yet the happiest.
5. His smile makes you do anything in this world and eradicating anything and everything which you think he is not comfortable with. One of the most infectious giggles.
6. Taking your baby out for the very first time and seeing that everyone around is seeing him and wanting to talk to him or take him in their arms.
7. Making up fantastic combinations for your baby to eat. Like raisins in suji halwa, banana and chikoo, etc.
9. Hearing your relatives talking about your baby’s “namkaran ceremony”, and various other ceremonies to welcome the new member.
10. Taking millions of photographs, and hoping not to miss any moment of your baby’s laughter and putting them in an album so that he can see them when he grows up.
11. Celebrating every first festival of the new born with fan-fare.
12. Watching the grandparents play with their grandchild and pampering and spoiling him till the extent.
13. Feeling refreshed by one sloppy kiss in the morning by the little toddler.
14. Feeling irritated and yet special when foolish questions come your way like
Do fish sleep?
Why are trees green?
Dad has moustaches and you don’t?
15. Going for a Disney film and seeing that you are not the only parent in the big queue in the cinema hall.
16. Hearing your child calling you “mumma” or “papa” is definitely the best and the most memorable time for a parent.
17. Nothing can be better than being called by your child’s name. Children give us an entirely new identity. Eg. Raj’s mother or shweta’s father. It makes the parents feel proud of their child.
18. Displaying his artwork from school in his room as well as other creative things made by him.
19. Making out the best talent in him and then realizing, where has this come from?
20. Experiencing the sense of focus in you at the arrival of your baby.
Being a parent no doubt involves a lot of pressure and responsibility but it is undoubtedly the best experience in a person’s life. Once we become parents we realize how our parents felt and how they managed us. This not only makes us more attached to our parents but also to the new toddler because of whom we realized the importance of our parents.