To receive our newsletter please enter your email address below
When it comes to diapers, no parent would really agree upon buying cloth diaper. And even if you make up your mind and buy one, the condemnation and suggestion from people around would force you to change your mind.
Our modern world doesn’t think high of cloth diapers. And parents, who make them as the choice for their babies, are often considered crazy. However, if you consider a couple of facts in regards to cloth diapers, you will find that they make for a better choice. If you too are obsessed by disposable diapers or are skeptical about cloth diapers, here check out some important facts about cloth diapers. These are sure to help you make a decision, have a look:
1. Cloth diapers help you save money BIG time: Yes, this is one of the best thing about cloth diapers. They cost you lesser than disposable diapers and thus help you save big. As per facts and figures, average disposable diaper costs Rs. 1600-1800 per month depending upon the brand you use. For a year, the amount goes to nearly Rs. 20,000. Again, it’s not necessary that all babies get potty trained by age two. So you can add on the amount as spent on disposable diaper for another one year which will cost around Rs. 40,000. Isn’t it a lot of money to spend on diapers? Well, now look at cloth diapers. A cloth diaper stockpile can be easily made for a range from Rs. 6000-10,000 a year. Interestingly, this stockpile not just lasts longer but can even be used for multiple kids. So you see they certainly help you save big.
3. They keep your baby more comfortable: Diapers are not just meant to deal with baby poop but are even supposed to give them the needed comfort. Cloth diapers are made of cotton fabric and so they stand soft on your baby’s skin. Also, the softness of fabric allows for more breathability and comfort.
4. The laundry is manageable: Fear of dealing with extra laundry while cleaning diapers scares a lot of new parents. However, you must know the fact that cloth diaper laundry is easy to manage and doesn’t call for much of your effort. This is because they are easy to clean and using the modern day inventions like diaper sprayers, the work can be finished in less time. Also, there is no need for you to fold the diapers once they are cleaned. You can simply store them in a basket meant for storing diapers.
5. They don’t create much of mess: Many new parents think that with cloth diapers, they are more prone to dealing with poop mess. But in reality, it’s the other way round. Whether you use cloth diapers, or disposable ones, you will have to deal with poop. However, in case of disposable diapers, you get to face ‘blowouts’. Such gross cases occur when your baby poops and diaper fails to hold the mess. The result? You find poop everywhere, on baby’s outfit, crib or swing or the car seat. It completely turns out to be a mess. Whereas with cloth diapers, you stay free of such blowouts. Cloth diapers play a better role in holding the poop without letting it turn into a mess. Their structure is such that they hold on the poop without letting it come out or create untidiness.
6. They can be reused: As we mentioned it earlier too, cloth diapers can be cleaned thoroughly and reused. Also, you can use them for your other baby too. Unlike disposable diapers, which offer a onetime use, cloth diapers stand more feasible and long lasting. This is also one reason which makes the cloth diapers environment friendly as you don’t have to throw them after use like disposable diapers.
7. They are safe on your baby’s skin: Cloth diapers aren’t made of any chemical fibre like disposable diapers. They don’t cause any skin irritation and rashes and hence stand pretty safe on your baby’s sensitive skin. Parents, who feel that their baby’s skin is overly sensitive, can make use of cloth diapers.
Cloth diapers do give you a number of benefits over disposable diapers but most important of all is the comfort. Make your choice giving priority to your baby’s comfort!