forum/yaf_postst5228_my-2-9-yrs-old-son-likes-milk-only & url is : & ref url is :
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login/Register.

“I will eat but you have to guess first what food is on my head…” This might be the idea of some toddlers, when you call them for a meal. Moms are usually bothered with toddlers who are picky eaters. At this growing stage of a child, it is a hard task for them to feed pick-eating ones. They exhibit the picky-on-food or mice-like eating habits that requires patience and understanding. Most moms are getting too much trouble in choosing their child’s food. It might be healthy but the toddler won’t even mind it or even just tasting it for once.

Read More
Add a Question Post Reply
Nilu Agrawal Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2014 3:37:47 PM(UTC)

My 2.9 yrs old son is very picky eater. He wants to drink only milk and don't like to take any solid at all. Once in a day, forcefully, he takes solid meal like one puri or a small bowl of masala oats/ nachani/suji kheer/vegetable khicri etc.

His weight is only 11 Kg but he is a hyperactive child.

Doctor says to reduce the milk quantity and give him more solid but he is very reluctant in chewing solids.His milk intake is about 4-5 glass a day that too after restricted milk diet.

plz provide suggestions to what to add in his diet and more milk at this age is beneficial or not.

Vidhi Parikh Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:12:47 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Healthy diet in important growing years is very important.

Just milk is not enough to fulfill all the body needs.

Milk is one of the most healthy food but having just milk can cause many health issues like lack of vitamin C and minerals not present in milk, which are very important for healthy growth of baby.

Why Kids Avoid Food:

It is quit common in this age kids to avoid different food and it can be due to many different reasons like:

Kid's palates are very sensitive, kids may have dislike for color, fragrance, shape, texture, test anything and forcing kids to have such food will be trauma to them.

Kids will develop their diet by growing age and will set it according to body needs.

What You can Do:

Never make meal time trauma for kids.

Keep offering different dishes of your kid's test.

Try to attract your child for having food rest family members are having.(Always set dinner table of your little one with other family members)

Try to identify what test and texture of food is liked by your kids and keep offering new things.

Divide your child's meal time in small sections.

Every day 3 normal meal and 2 servings of snacks is normal.

Do not push your child to have more food once he is done.

Try to offer some fruits to kids in one of the snacks time.

Your baby is use to drink milk for whole day so, it may take some time to change the habit but keep trying.

Initially you can offer some liquid diet to your child in option of milk like fresh home made fruit juice, vegetable soup etc.

You can find more information on How to change toddlers eating habits in India from:

Nilu Agrawal Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:10:52 PM(UTC)

Thanks Vidhi, m keep on trying with new and colorful food with the hope that when and which one will hit.

Thanks for the response.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply