To receive our newsletter please enter your email address below
Vegetable Upma is a healthy dish and is made with semolina or rawa. This main ingredient adds to the crispness of the Upma recipe and takes only 25-30 minutes to get cooked. The recipe of veg upma is very tasty and is also an easy one to be made. Here goes the recipe of veg upma:
3. To the oil add cashews and fry them till they change to light brown colour.
4. To the fried cashews add urad daal and mustard seeds. Allow them to splutter for a few seconds.
5. To this pan add onions, chillies and curry leaves. Keep them frying till oil starts coming out of the onions.
6. Fry these precooked vegetables again for 2 minutes and then add cinnamon powder, powdered cloves, tomatoes and garam masala to them.
7. In a separate pan boil some water.
8. To the fried vegetables add boiling water and add some salt according to your taste and mix it well for another 1 minute.
9. Now add to it semolina or rawa in a slow manner so that no lumps are formed. Stir this mixture well.
10. When it is cooked then, add lime juice and coriander leaves to it
Serve the veg upma hot with any pickle you like. Best is to serve it is with mango pickle.