To receive our newsletter please enter your email address below
Morning sickness is the feeling of nausea and vomiting, which expecting women face in the first trimester, and it is mostly seen to be occurring in the morning. The increasing amount of pregnancy hormones lead to morning sickness. Though it generally does no harm to the mother or the growing fetus but if it becomes severe, consulting a doctor is a must.
Causes of Morning Sickness
Apart from the increased number of hormones, there are some other reasons too that trigger morning sickness. Have a look at the following:
Dealing with Morning Sickness
1. Eat a balanced diet: You must indulge in some healthy eating. Sticking to a balanced diet rich with various nutrients as needed during pregnancy, will help the digestive system work properly.
2. Consume vitamin tablets: You will be prescribed the vitamin tablets. Many mothers will find it difficult to swallow make the pregnancy stay healthy. However; if you find it difficult to take the vitamin tablets, try consuming them along with the food you take. Taking them with food will minimize the kind of impact they have on the digestive enzymes in the mouth.
3. Waking up right: Morning sickness is going to be at the peak during morning hours when you step out of your bed. While waking up, you must take enough time rather than rushing. Your sudden haste movement can cause uneasiness in the body resulting into nausea.
4. No cooking in the morning: If you are an expecting mother, make sure you avoid cooking food right after waking up. As that might produce a strong smell which will initiate vomiting.
5. Eat light and frequent meals: Eat frequent light meals so that you are never too full or too hungry at any given period of the day. Empty stomach has high chances of nausea. Eating small meals will help you digestive in an easy way and you will apparently stay safe from feeling any sort of discomfort.
6. Exercise daily: Fresh air and little exercise on a daily basis can also help you keep nausea and feeling of vomiting at bay.
If you happen to be a working woman, you will have to take great care so that neither your work nor the health gets affected. You must look for work place hygiene and plan your everyday meal as per the pregnancy diet.