To receive our newsletter please enter your email address below
Labor delivery is natural childbirth. Generally, labor delivery makes a woman feel more in tune with the natural experience of childbirth.As a result, the woman handles childbirth proactively in her own strength.
The benefits of labor delivery include
1. Fulfillment: When a woman gives birth naturally, she is generally empowered by a feeling of fulfillment with the knowledge that it was naturally accomplished. And childbirth as a rite of passage is not undermined, strengthening the mother’s bond with her child.
2. Minimum Medication: Drugs are known widely for their possibility of side effects which is a major disadvantage to the woman who can do without adding more pain to her pregnancy cramps.
The complications arising from these pain relievers include:
It can also cause fetal stress which is distress to the baby,leading to vacuum extraction where a suction cap is attached to the baby’s head to enable medical staff in pulling him out. But all these could be avoided without medication and going the natural way which is the labor delivery way.
3. Alertness: As the woman is free from medications, she is awake as a result and so, has no loss of sensation feeling associated with over-medication. Instead, she has strength and a gratifying sense of control. And because she is alert and awake, she has the opportunity and ability to position herself in the most comfortable way that she sees fit during labor and delivery.
4. Freedom of mobility: Here, the woman is not being put on any IV(intravenous) drip feed and so she has the advantage of mobility which gives her freedom to move around.This offers her a chance to conveniently do little but important things like post pregnancy exercises. She is also able to shower or use the rest room, thereby accomplishing tasks on her own as she wishes.
5. Safer pain relieving techniques: As pain relieving drugs carry dire medical risks, such medical risks can be avoided with the safer pain relieving techniques associated with natural labor delivery.
These safe pain relieving techniques help prepare the mother for the responsibility of nurturing a new born baby and the techniques include:
Yoga: This eliminates body stiffness and improves flexibility in muscles and joints, increasing strength and endurance.
Hypnosis: This relieves stress by putting the woman in a mental state of relaxation that energizes her performance during labor delivery.
Massage: It involves kneading and manipulation of soft tissue which relieves fatigue, helps increase blood circulation and lower blood pressure.
Partner support: Amazingly, the support of a spouse strengthens the woman’s resolve and motivates her during labor delivery.
Hydrotherapy: This is physical therapy that uses water either in the form of vapor, liquid ice, and steam to effectively reduce anxiety.
Complications of labor delivery