forum/yaf_topics837_accidental-poisoning-in-children & url is : & ref url is :
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login/Register.



Accidental poisoning in children

Young children have the habit of putting anything and everything that comes their way inside their mouths, which could make them a victim of accidental poisoning. Even if the parents are careful and lock away all hazardous chemicals and poisons, a child may still find its way to something dangerous which may prove fatal. Common household items, like plants, make up and medications are such items which cannot be locked away. If a case of accidental poisoning arises, one must follow some tips.
One must notice signs of poisoning, such as redness in and around the mouth, vomiting, seizures, strange behaviour, or smell of chemicals, or even finding a bottle open somewhere around the house. In such situations, if you find the child awake, do not give any medication on your own. Instead, go to the hospital immediately. Inform the doctor about as much detail as you can, including what the child may have swallowed and the quantity. The best way to stay out of such situations is to childproof all the portions of your house such as cupboards. Do not take medications in front of your child, nor refer to it as “candy” or “toffee”, as the child may lay hands on it. Supervise your child at all times, more importantly when you have guests at your house.

Add a Question
Accidental poisoning in children
  Questions Replies Views Last Post
Users browsing this forum
Show Questions Mark this forum as read
Add a Question
Search Forum    OK
New Posts No New Posts
Hot Question (New Posts) Hot Question
New Posts (Locked) No New Posts (Locked)
Announcement (New Posts) Announcement
Sticky (New Posts) Sticky
Poll (New Posts) Poll
You can post questions in this forum.
You can reply to Questions in this forum.
You can delete your posts in this forum.
You can edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You can vote in polls in this forum.