forum/yaf_postst3569_regarding-diet-to-my-5months-baby & url is : & ref url is :
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login/Register.

For a newborn baby, mother’s milk is the best and you cannot compare it with any formula or other feed. It is advisable to mother that breastfeeding is the best for baby and mother too. Every mother wishes to breastfeed her baby as long as possible for her, but in some situation if she cannot feed her baby she needs bottle feed or formula feed to her baby. You need to provide some formula feed with breast feeding when you think that breast feeding is not sufficient for your baby or you are working woman or for any other reason. You can take advice of your pediatrician about formula feed for your baby. You can get milk powder and other formula feed available in market. You need to read instruction on that. Some formula feeds are advisable to give after six months only.

Read More
Add a Question Post Reply
Abha Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 4:24:09 PM(UTC)

My baby is 5 months 6days old,elders are suggesting me to start weaning to confused whether to start or not.if so what should I start?is home made powder enough for her?(breast feeding is not sufficient)
Vidhi Parikh Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 6:45:39 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Normally up to 6 months baby should be on mother feed build ups baby's immunity system for lifetime.

If you decide to start your baby on something other than breast-milk or formula between 4-6 months, ensure that it should be very gradual and liquid.

You can give only one new food at a time and keep a gap of at-least week before introducing anything else. Like:

If you start your baby on dal water, continue giving the same for 1 week in small quantity, if you find your baby uncomfortable with this you must discontinue and try some another food.

In case of any allergy you must contact doctor immediately.

You can find diet chart of infant from:

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply