forum/yaf_postst2496_is-ghee-imp--after-delivery & url is : http://www.parentingnation.in/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=2496&= & ref url is :
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login/Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Carrying a baby and giving birth is a momentous event in the life of an woman. The body needs to rest after such an ordeal to recuperate from the strain of it. Moreover as long as one breast feeds she needs to eat well. Eating well means you need lots of protein and iron in your diet. Breast feeding burns a lot of calories and if you are not eating well you may well rob your child off the necessary proteins, vitamins and minerals that it badly needs in this formative time.

Read More
Add a Question Post Reply
RITU SHARMA Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 2:53:07 PM(UTC)

i just want to know that is ghee important to eat after delivery? coz everybody in the family is forcing to eat ghee . but i don't like eating ghee . please advice me something or some substitute food of ghee , if it's imp.
riddhi vyas Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:28:11 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hey!!!

No dear eating ghee after delivery is having no effect on your body and it can not help you heal delivery stress.

Infect ghee is full of saturated fats, and will only lead you to put on some extra body weight.

It was belief that eating ghee can strengthen your joins, which are weak after delivery but, it is not true.

Eating ghee can make the joint movement smoother, but if your joints are paining, you need to draw your doctor's attention as it can be some other health issue.

It is true that ghee is full of calcium, but for calcium there are so many options available, you can drink milk, yogurt, and other dairy products, dry-fruits like almond are rich in calcium.

So you can eat ghee in moderate proportion, no need to have it with every meal.

You can check out your diet chart for breast feeding from:

http://www.parentingnati...rt-for-breastfeeding_876

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply