forum/yaf_postst1931_reading & url is : http://www.parentingnation.in/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1931&= & ref url is :
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login/Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

For a healthy learning attitude, your child should be interested in reading from the early age. In this situation, parents play a very important role. Only parents can teach their child how to read in the creative ways from an early age.

Read More
Add a Question Post Reply
Suman Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:57:39 PM(UTC)

Hi, my son is 8 years old nd he doesn't want to read nd doing lots of spelling mistakes also... Pls advice
Vidhi Parikh Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:11:54 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

There are two possibilities why kids avoid reading and does mistakes in writing.

1. They are having some health issues like:
a. Weak eyes
b. Neurological problem
c. Emotional issues like:

Feeling separated from family.
Comparison with siblings or any other child.

2. They are just careless

First you should make sure that your child is not suffering from any health issues, so concern doctor and find the actual reason behind it.

If he is having no health issues then all you can do is talk to him and ask him why he avoid reading and why is he so careless:

Sometimes some emotional issues also force kids to react this way, so be very calm, sit with your child and talk to him, if any emotional issues affects him then you will have to act quick to solve the problem.

If nothing is there and is careless then you will have to explain him importance of education, set positive examples in-front of him, boost his moral, motivate him for success, do all these in very positive way and be very patient, give your child time to understand.

Good Luck...
Swati Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:12:54 PM(UTC)

Woman
Hi Suman!

I am a professional in the education sector working on alternative methods of education.

What I have observed is mostly children are facing problems in reading (Not able to read properly, get stuck at words, mix different sounds together), comprehension (not able to understand meaning even if they are reading, summarizing a paragraph), spelling mistakes and other areas in English Language.

This is because, most schools have introduced the new phonic system of teaching english, but the teachers and school administrations lack in new technology and complete knowledge of phonic system and thus children are falling behind.

If your son is 8 years old, first thing you need to do is see which level you need to start with, it might take a little time but its doable.

Regards
Swati
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply