forum/yaf_postsm10469findlastpost_first-feeding--dinner & url is : http://www.parentingnation.in/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=10469&find=lastpost&= & ref url is :
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login/Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Annaprasana means feeding rice to a small baby when he starts eating solid food for the first time. This ceremony is celebrated in the sixth or eighth month for the boy child and in the fifth or seventh month for the girl child. Annaprasana is famous by different names in different states but meaning of the festival is same for every religion. This ceremony is celebrated before the first birthday of small babies usually in fifth or six month. During this stage, babies are ready to eat solid food in small quantity.

Read More
Add a Question Post Reply
Harpreet Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:02:19 AM(UTC)

Woman
India
I was not finished in first e-mail.Our friends are having a dinner for Annaprasana for their son. The actual ceremony will occur several days before the dinner. What type of gifts, if any, are appropriate for this event?OuConfused r work group has already given a Western-style baby shower for this child, but we realize that this is an important cultural event for them and would like to do the right thing. The parents have said "no gifts" but I've heard that gifts are usually given for this rite of passage.
Please advise….Thank you , dee
Vidhi Parikh Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:09:50 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

Normally this ceremony is performed when baby is ready for solid food, it is performed after baby turned 6 months old.

During this ceremony few things should be taken care for baby's safety like:

Let your baby take enough rest before ceremony.
Make sure of hygiene of food you will give to baby.
Request guest to wash hands before feeding baby.
Give your baby fresh food.
Give calm environment to baby.

As far as gifts are concern you should choose something that will benefit child.

You can find more options for gift from:

http://www.parentingnati...newborn-baby-in-india_56
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply