forum/yaf_postmessage.aspx?t=1201&f=294 & url is : & ref url is :
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login/Register.

A string of tissue underneath the tongue attaches the tongue to the floor of the mouth. This piece of tissue, also called the frenulum, ends up being too short in the case of tongue-tie. This is medically known as ankyloglossia, otherwise known to common people like me and you as tongue-tie. Restrictions on the tongue due to this condition could end up causing problems in cases such as these. Babies sometimes are unaffected in mild cases of tongue-tie. However in severe cases the tongue ends up almost being fused to the bottom of the mouth.

Read More
Post a reply
Name: *
E-mail Address: *
We will send you password on your email id to have full access of forum.
If you are already registered click here to Login.
Add Smiley

Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Dr. Roshani Dave Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 3:28:25 PM(UTC)
Tongue tie is minor problem which require minor surgical procedure... because of this child do not feel difficulty in feeding so get check up by doc...
vivan kashyap Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 5:22:07 PM(UTC)
there can be many possibilities behind it.
if your baby is having ear infection or blocked nostril, he may deny feeding,
it can also be possible that feeding position is not comfortable to child,
sometimes baby may not actually refuse but is very fussy and difficult to feed,
baby may be unwilling to start sucking.

try to check all these and for your doubt of tong-tie concern good pediatrician.
ashok Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:43:26 AM(UTC)
My 5 month old baby is not drinking milk properly since last one month. M y baby drinks bottles milk not mother's milk. Some people has check him and told me that he has tounge tie problem.
Pls suggest me treatment