To receive our newsletter please enter your email address below
Parenting requires one to be always on his or her toes. It's a full time job which has to be done with complete excellence and zero errors. When you plan to take your relationship to a new level and welcome a baby into your life, you prepare yourself for a big change. It alters your life completely and is no less than a new beginning.
However, before taking on parenthood and bearing such a big responsibility for lifetime, it is very important that you prepare yourself both physically and mentally. Enjoy your life to the fullest and live every moment of it so that once you get busy with pregnancy, you don't feel stressed or overburdened. So here check out the 10 things you must do before conceiving and planning the baby:
1. Have a parenting talk: Parenting is not just the responsibility of a mother, a father too has a pivotal role to play in it. Therefore, it is very important to have a parenting talk with your partner. Discuss out your concerns related to conceiving the baby and other issues that might arise in future. Being on the same page as your partner will certainly help the two of you in dealing with pregnancy and parenting in a wonderful and effective way.
2. Go off the pill: If you have been on birth control pills then it would be the right time to put a stop on them. Go off the pills a couple of months prior to conception so that you can analyze your menstrual cycle length and the ovulation time.
3. Cut back on partying: Socializing certainly is the best way of staying relaxed and stress free. However, when you have planned to conceive, it would be better to cut down your party time. This apparently will help you in controlling your haphazard lifestyle, boozing habit etc. Instead of partying hard till wee hours, you can plan for short road trips or travel to some nearby places with your partner.
4. Limit caffeine intake: Caffeine can trigger many complications in your pregnancy if taken in too much amount. Those who are addicted to more than two cups of coffee a day, must try and limit this number once they decide to conceive. It will prevent you from the future health complications.
5. Enjoy fun outings: As said, pregnancy will leave you with no time so it's better to make the most of your current situation. Go for outings or watch movies in multiplexes as once you are pregnant, sitting still for longer duration might not be that comfortable. Engage in activities that can help you relax and enjoy to the core. Once you conceive and get busy with your pre-pregnancy, these memories will keep you cherished.
6. Sleep adequately: Most women think that they have to compromise with their sleep once the baby is born. But they aren't aware that sleep goes for a toss during the pregnancy phase as well. Heartburn, frequent urination etc. disturb your peaceful sleep. Therefore, you must stock up on adequate sleep before the conception period. This would keep you safe from fatigue and drowsiness.
7. Find your stress remedy: Stress is extremely harmful for pregnancy. Whether you are tying to conceive or are in the pregnancy phase, stress can take a toll on your health. Though you can't keep stress at bay but you can always bust it out before it does much harm. Figure out what all things help you get relieved from stress so that you don't feel perplexed later on.
8. Update your pregnancy knowledge: It would be great if you can seek useful information about pregnancy before entering the phase. You can speak to any elder lady in the house like your mother or mom-in-law. Your elder sisters, aunts or girl pals who have kids can also help you out a lot.
9. Spend some 'Me-Time': There is no second thought over the fact that women undergo major changes when it comes to pregnancy. Therefore, it is very important for them to stay prepared, both physically and mentally. If you are planning to have a baby then do dig out some 'Me-Time' for yourself and indulge activities that let you enjoy. You can even hang out with your friends or take on any hobby of yours.
10. Give a break to shopping new clothes: Once you get pregnant, your body will not remain the way it was before. All your fit tops and skinny jeans would fail to accommodate you, so better put a stop on shopping new clothes until the baby comes. However, you can always shop for pregnancy related stuff. This will surely brighten up your mood.
You are now planning to take on a major responsibility, and heading towards a new change. Prepare yourself to embrace it wholeheartedly!